Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Whats's Next?

The adventure isn't over yet. I still have my trip to South Pole and the whole trip home. One I'm looking forward to, one not so much, you guess which is which.

So...what does one do after a six month contract in Antarctica? Well.....




...No? No guesses. If you are one of the 10 or so people that knows where this is going, just play along. Well, I have a few more hints. Pretty easy to guess after these, but....



My favorite quote found there, on a sign......still nothing? The next two are "gimmes"...





Yes, if you guessed The Appalachian Trail, you are right. But there's more read on. Here's what it's all about, other than just walking through the woods.






                                              
  Welcome to my next adventure!!! This is your official invitation to join me and be part of my journey.

  So my basic premise is that I'm going to hike the Appalachian Trail; the whole thing, in one shot. It's known as thru hiking. The trail winds from northern Georgia to the middle of Maine covering 2,184 miles. It will take me four to six months. I am asking people to donate on a per mile basis. 100% of the money will go to LIVESTRONG at the end. This is my way of doing something; giving something back. I hope you will join me in the fight for your own reasons.

   WHY? Well, I have many reasons. I guess the simple fact is I never have done something completely selfless. I have, in all honesty usually done things that would somehow benefit me; hey, I think we all have. Nothing wrong with it really. But, just one time I want to do something for the good of Man.

   I have gotten a lot of comments on this blog. Apparently, people actually read my posts. So I figured between that and the power of Facebook, I can probably reach quite a few people. Just like the idea of Six Degrees of Separation in a social sense; I'll bet everyone can think of someone affected by cancer in fewer than six steps. I urge you to help me and get involved. Every little bit counts and adds up quickly when a large group is involved. My goal is currently set at $20,000. That may sound steep, but it breaks down to only $9.16 per mile. If I can get 100 people to join my cause I will only need to raise about 9 cents per person for each mile. Makes it much more obtainable when you look at it that way.

   Thank you so much for your participation and I will keep you posted with my progress both in mileage and with how much I have raised. I am going to continue my blog, as best I can, and will post pictures when I can.

Thanks Again!













http://laf.livestrong.org/goto/billmorrishike4hope


   I have been approved through LAF (Lance Armstrong Foundation) to run this Grassroots campaign. I will have their full support. They have even provided me a web link and a secure donation link for participants (found on the web page). There is also a printable donation form. If you have any other questions that are not answered here please contact me; billymorris69@hotmail.com





Well, that's it. That's what I plan on doing. Wish me luck, I may need it. SO....I am going to begin my hike on March 17th...yup St Patrick's Day. Hopefully it will bring good luck to my journey.


Until next time.......


                                                ....................."Cooking on Ice"


2 comments:

  1. Folks, without hesitation I can honestly say that Bill aka Panda is one of the kindest, selfless, and caring people that I have ever met. Don't think about it just support this guy and this great cause. I know that I will be.

    Mike Santos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you for doing this! Setting up your tent in the lounge was so much fun! I plan to donate and support you! Maybe even see you on my way south!

    ReplyDelete