Monday, August 22, 2011

Christchurch New Zealand

Went to CDC (Clothing Distribution Center) not the bad CDC (Center for Disease Control), got all my issued clothing. Uniforms, long johns, gloves, parka and such. I'll post pictures of the get up on my next post.




What a beautiful city. Just walked around for 5 hours or so. They have a Kiwiburger at McDonald's...OK I'll try it. Like a Quarter Pounder with egg, and pickled beets. Weird but surprisingly good. Who knew? And L&P soda, world famous...in New Zealand.






Unfortunately, Christchurch was devastated by a earthquake last year. Sad. I've never seen this kind of destruction up close. You can see businesses still set up, houses with all their stuff still in them, and people walking around still checking it out. They are rebuilding so it is hopeful.






  Delayed in New Zealand for 4 hours. Hopefully we will leave today. Worse places to be stuck I guess.

.....until next time.




1 comment: