Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thailand.......day 7

     I can't believe it's been a week already. Today was absolutely uneventful. When I initially planned my stay in Bangkok, I tried to imagine navigating a city so large, with the language barrier; so I decided to move my base of operation across the city. I started towards the outskirts and am making my way towards the river. Each neighborhood has different draws. Today I checked out of a beautiful (and quiet) hotel, and into Disney jammed in one building. I am in the tallest building in Thailand' well here's the official word on that:


Baiyoke Tower II is an 85-storey, 304 m (997 ft) skyscraper hotel at 222 Ratchaprarop Road in the Ratchathewi district of Bangkok, Thailand. It is the tallest building in the city, and comprises the Baiyoke Sky Hotel, the tallest hotel in Southeast Asia and the fourth-tallest all-hotel structure in the world.[5]
With the antenna included, the building's height is 328.4 m (1,077 ft), and features a public observatory on the 77th floor, a bar called "Roof Top Bar & Music Lounge" on the 83rd floor, a 360-degree revolving roof deck on the 84th floor and the hotel offers 673 guest rooms.[1] Construction on the building ended in 1997, with the antenna being added two years later. The Baiyoke Sky Hotel website notes the height without the antenna as 309 m (1,014 ft), but the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH), Emporis and SkyscraperPage note it as 304 m (997 ft).

File:03.11.15 19 Bangkoks høyeste bygning.jpg

           This hotel is sheer and absolute chaos. From check in on, I must say that it is a total disappointment. I thought I would treat myself and booked a "Superior Suite"; laughable at best. It was almost twice the price of my last hotel, and looks like a Best Western. I will say, the view is it's only redeeming quality.














             Well I am in the shopping district.....a huge flea market on every street and alley, and some malls intermingled. I took a quick look today, but it was simply just too crowded, and I wasn't in the frame of mind to deal with this city.



                   So, I am going to call it an early night and hit it like a "Real Housewife" on Rodeo Drive tomorrow.......

Today, to steal a terrible cliché; life gave me lemons, and tomorrow I shall make lemonade.......















No comments:

Post a Comment